Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Tamil Ghajini Vs Hindi Ghajini.

I feel I am writing after a long time!!!!!!!!!

I saw Ghajini in Hindi last Saturday, 27 Dec 2008. Incidentally Ghajini (T) was my first movie with my would-be wife after engagement in 2005. We watched Ghajini (H) as a happily married couple... :)

I read few reviews of Ghajini (H) and all of them compared with original Ghajini (T). I suppose we cannot resist a comparison of remake with original.

The remake Ghajini (H) is same as Ghajini (T), scene by scene but a little better in terms of colour and technology. I feel Aamir Khan has portrayed a better lead character as Short Term Memory Loss patient. Surya was good but he was more kind of mechanical in finding Ghajini. I guess Surya did not emote well as Short Term Memory Loss patient whereas Aamir scores high in bringing out emotions. Aamir shows so much depth in the character which he must have improvised from the original.

Asin is bubbly and chubby. She dons the role with ease only we thought she was nervous in the intro song. But as the character progresses she was in terms with the character. AR Rahman has once again scored good music which lingers through your ears all day. It is NOT surprising to see that the Ghajini (H) songs are making waves in South India too!!!!!

In today's cinema world it is difficult to give one blockbuster hit but A.R. Murugadoss has given 2 blockbuster hits for the same movie Ghajini. It shows the power of plot and script that he has written. He thoroughly deserves kudos for his efforts! Bravo Murugadoss.

My rating for this movie is 3 stars out of 5.

Rating Details:
***** - Classic & Outstanding.
**** - Must Watch. Don't Miss!
*** - Good Movie. Watch it.
** - Watch it only if you really want to.
* - Not worth your money.

No comments: